April 9, 2006

Music for your Sunday drive in the hills

So tonight I have a hot date with Neko Case and Martha Wainwright, who will sing "Bloody Motherfucking Asshole" before I get my "audience" with Dubya early tomorrow morning. Neko is sold out, so I leave with this homework...

Zero 7's new single "Throw It All Away" is posted at I Guess I'm Floating. I've heard about 4 songs from this CD and several channel 70's AM radio in a big way. True here too.

Van Hunt, the sexy soul dude, has a new CD with the uber-cheeky title On The Jungle Floor. Always smooth Silence Is A Rhythm Too reviews it and previews two new songs. Lay down by the fire, babeee...

Sufjan Stevens is soon releasing a collection of tracks that didn't make it to his Illinois CD (too lazy to link!). "The Avalanche" is featured on our LA peep, Kofi's Hat.

One little news bit: N'Dea Davenport has rejoined Brand New Heavies and a new CD Get Used To It called is expected on June 27. Their last one was a total tanker.

6 comments:

Paul said...

Good luck with crazy George tomorrow (the name of a chain of shops here in blighty - true story) - thought of you today when a friend called me up and forced me to listen to track 2 on Morisseys number one album this week. Did so reluctantly before realising it was utterly beautiful :) OH! My word verification rather disturbingly is pooznjizz :O

xolondon said...

that is hilarious! word verification is getting out of hand. I frequently cannot read them, but at least it works.

Anyway, pooznjizz is what comes out of explosive kegs, so it all makes perfect sense.

ADD said...

Did you tell Neko that I said hi? DID YOU??

V said...

Thanks for mentioning "Bloody Motherfucking Asshole" We heard this at a bar once but couldn't find out who the singer was.

Brittle said...

I'm still trying to get into the Zero 7 album. It's...sort of boring, but has gotten better with further listens. A bit. It really lacks the dramatic tensions of their previous work, though.

xolondon said...

I like all the Zero 7 BUT the single, the chorus of which really grates. I assume Sia is whining that one out.