April 2, 2006

MP3 of the Day


I agree with Marvelous Musical Melodies that "Everybody Here Wants You" is one of Jeff Buckley's greatest moments. Interesting, because it's a demo and perhaps a well-kept secret. It'd be a perfect cover for Prince or Alicia Keys (I am sure they read this blog, so expect that soon). You can download the song from MMM and also hear covers of it. I urge you to get this one - it's a case for the pleasures of casual sex if there ever was one!

How our love will blow it all away.
Such a thing of wonder in this crowd,
I'm a stranger in this town, you're free with me.
And our eyes locked in downcast love, I sit here proud,
Even now you're undressed in your dreams with me.
I'm only here for this moment.
I know everybody here wants you.

3 comments:

lucas miré said...

of course, this is my favorite jeff buckley song! ;-) how in the eff did you know that!??!?!?!

supergurg said...

cheers for the linkage!

Gurg @ Marvellous Musical Melodies

xolondon said...

Your blog is great! A clever concept (and good song choices).