April 3, 2006

I really hate it when you shake your head like this ain't gonna work



Will Young's new single is called "Who Am I." It's really beautiful in a melancholy way and, I think, his most substantial song to date. I'd say this song launches him to another level, moving beyond pop into something a bit more artful. I love the lyrics and how your sympathies waffle between the "protagonist" and his lover. Which one is the asshole in this crumbling relationship?

According to Will's website, the video "is based on top (UK) children's show Blue Peter and cleverly superimposes Will into original footage so he can co-star with presenters like John Noakes, Peter Purves and Lesley Judd as well as feed a lion cub, judge competition entries and of course, create a model using sticky-backed plastic." It has absolutely nothing to do with the song, but I guess they felt the last video was heavy enough. It reminds me of Bridget Jones. He should certainly get an award for worst wigs.

"Who Am I""
(video via New Music Friday) "

2 comments:

Paul said...

and yet strangely i still find him super attractive. Clearly i need help

lucas miré said...

I love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was co-written by Lucie Silvas. I love her song Breathe In.