March 4, 2006

The Newsy Bits

First, Patrick Wolf, in a new picture above, has an official myspace profile now. Check it out for a rare song "Ignis Fatuus" (foolish flames, or something like that?)

Neko Case releases her new CD next week and here is a sneak, legal MP3 called "Hold On Hold On"

Into The Groove
streams the excellent new Delays track "Hideaway" from their new CD, out in the UK this Tuesday. Expect my review very soon!

The Beautiful South have a new album due in May. The band report they've got a new producer and will not be naming the album Sucked Off By Aliens, as previously hoped! I had given up on TBS until I heard their covers CD last year.

Gabriel and Dresden have remixed the Brokeback Mountain theme ("The Wings") as a dance song. It's due on April 11. I kid you not!

Josh Rouse's e-card for the new CD Subtitulo - you know, the one I predict will suck. "It Looks Like Love" sounds lovely though. That will be my song. Hear him on NPR.

Everybody Cares has the MP3 of Rufus Wainwright's perfect cover of "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother." This was a song I played constantly after 9/11. A must-have!

The Velvet Rope, once an xolondon obsession, has a thread about the Thompson Twins for all you trolls who actually know who they are/were.

How did I just cruise right by Kelly Clarkson's WRENCHING song "Because Of You" in 2005? My God, what a weepie! "Because of you I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me." When has there been a big hit with this subject matter?

No comments: