February 13, 2006

Piazza Cavour / What's my life for?

Love Morrissey's new single sleeve for You Have Killed Me. You can hear the song in full at his myspace profile. The video debuts next week and is described as featuring Morrissey as "an entrant in the 1970 Eurovision Contest. Along with vintage clothing, the video was filmed with 1970s analogue video cameras." Cool beans.

The single is out on Martch 30. I personally think they should release it sooner, so fans can have the b-sides to chew on until the LP in April. Maybe Sanctuary wouldn't be in such peril if I ran it...

Note that the song is a grower. At first you think, standard issue Moz, but then it really starts to stick. There's something quite passionate about it. Foreshadowing of things to come? I hope so...


V said...

What a teaser!!

And "What's my life for?"

Thank you darlin!

J'ason D'luv said...

Don't wanna be a naysayer, but the new album's not as good as Quarry.

xolondon said...

I take no one's opinion of a Moz record until I hear it myself! Sorreeeee!

What do you think of "Dear God..."?

J'ason D'luv said...

Spoken like a true, wise Moz fan. I've been one since 1988 myself, at the age of 14.

"Dear God.." is okay, but the real masterpiece on the album is "Life Is A Pigsty." It's long, overproduced and glorious! It's kind of the "Late Night, Maudlin Street" of the album.

But overall, the whole thing to me is a bit short on hooks -- which is probably due to the producer. The last album seemed like it was full of catchy tunes, and this one takes more time to grow on you.

"The Youngest Was The Most Loved" is another great one, with creepy backing vocals.