January 26, 2006

She who had the Last Laugh



So I've been reading the Tori Amos book Piece By Piece and there is some amazing stuff in there, especially about the music industry and some of the shit that went down following her Choirgirl CD. She had a honcho at Atlantic stand up and literally pound on his desk, screaming "I OWN you, Tori Amos! I own you!" Like a bad movie - Jesus! I will be sending excerpts to my trolls, but I wanted to quote this little bit for you now...

Tori Amos on the topic of dressing rooms:

We'll often get into a venue and there's nothing on the walls but dingy, chipping paint - this isn't a place where you want to be licking or even touching the walls. It's just a crash pad, and the night before it might have been the crash pad for a metal band - love you guys, but they will have left the place stinking of vomit and stale semen and pussy oil, still pungent on the couch and floor from the human sardines who had a fuckfest. Yum.

No comments: