September 21, 2005

The wind is whistlinnnnnnng



King Of The Mountain hit Radio 2 today
and should hit iTunes next week...


I think it's safe to call it a grower. I don't want to ruin anyone's first impressions, but I will say it has grown on me after some initial disappointment. Be prepared for something subtle and downtempo. I particularly like the weird backing vocals that sound alternately like the wind, somebody singing over your shoulder or a bunch of old school Kate Wiccan types!

To find it, go to this linked radio show from Ken Bruce at BBC2: Fast forward 15 mins twice and 5 mins once. It comes in just after Roxy Music's "Virginia Plain". This link may not hold for very long, so do it fast!

UPDATE: Go to Kofi's Hat

4 comments:

cunty bitch said...

i like when songs grow on me because i tend to not get sick of them as quickly! that damn website isn't working for me--keep getting a message saying that their link is outdated or inaccurate, so i will have to wait until i get home to try and hear it!

xolondon said...

just email me

cunty bitch said...

i'm listening now...i actually really love it and not because i've been waiting 12 years and will take anything she dishes out...i was SOOOO afraid she'd be boring. that is actually what i was expecting--like tori amos on The Beekeeper and Scarlet's Walk. Musical mush with no edge. kate's music and her ability to set the tone of what SHOULD be are as strong and fresh as ever. the only downer: my computer is dumb and i can only ever hear things out of one speaker, so i will hopefully hear it with BOTH speakers in my MP3 player!!! :D

cunty bitch said...

you are wonderful and i will never forget what you've done for me. it was worth the 12 year wait.