September 18, 2005

Goldfrapp: Track 1: Ooh Lala



You know I walk for days
I wanna waste some time
You wanna be so mean
You know I love to watch
I wanna love some more
It'll never be the same
A broken heel like a heart
I'll never walk again

The first single from Supernature is a track that polarizes fans: some love it and others think it's a rehash of several older Goldfrapp songs, like Strict Machine and Train. Maybe so, but it's quite strutting. It is also repetitive and goes nowhere, yet it's still catchy and stompy and probably sounds a lot better on a massive sound system. Do I sound disoriented about this one? Perhaps. Dig around on the web for the superior remix with Andy Bell doing backing vocals.

Awesome live photo courtesy of Ian from the Goldfrapp messageboard.

No comments: