August 30, 2005

Coming Soon: Ryan Adams new CD



Love the cover! It's due on September 27 and has 15 songs, plus there will be a free 20-minute DVD in the package with footage of the band recording the album. He performed 6 of the new songs in a row at the
great show I saw in May - the new CD is said to be more country than Cold Roses. The DVD will also have 2 audio bonus tracks (umm, how do I get them on my iPod?). The setlist below, with the songs I have heard live starred...

01 A Kiss Before I Go *
02 The End *
03 What Sin Replaces Love *
04 Hard Way to Fall
05 Dear John (with Norah Jones!)
06 The Hardest Part
07 Games *
08 Silver Bullets
09 Peaceful Valley *
10 September *
11 My Heart Is Broken
12 Trains
13 Pa
14 Withering Heights
15 Don't Fail Me Now

I've been playing the Cold Roses record a lot lately and rediscovering songs like "Meadowlake Street" and "Let It Ride" - classics! There is still one new album due out soon called 29. Do you think that we can combine the best tracks from each to make one truly perfect, 5 star record? If you only know Ryan from his drunken asshole antics, be aware that there is not only a master songwriter lurking in there, but one of the finest singers recording today. Give him a shot...

Get the new single The Hardest Part at iTunes now

No comments: