August 17, 2005

Billy Bragg: Here to make it all okay with you



Great news! Billy Bragg is releasing remastered special editions of his classic records. The one to go with, IMO, is this one below Talking With The Taxman About Poetry. It includes some of his most amazing songs: Levi Stubbs Tears, Warmest Room, and Greetings To The New Brunette. All that's known at this point about the added disc is that it has 10 tracks (5 previously unreleased) including covers of Gram Parsons' Sin City and Smokey Robinson's Tracks of My Tears.

Billy has one of the
best websites around, so take a look at that and note that he is doing the smart move of selling concert performances online.



My Billy Bragg favorites?

A New England
Levi Stubb's Tears
St. Swithin's Day
The Boy Done Good
Sexuality
Warmest Room
Greetings To The New Brunette
You Woke Up My Neighborhood
Upfield

2 comments:

ADD said...

You left off "Think Again." Arguably one of the most unintentionally hilarious songs ever written. Plus, Billy sings through his teef like nobody's business. I heart teef singing.

xolondon said...

I dunno that song or am forgetting it! I will look for it.