July 5, 2005

Sick and tired of the shit on the radio


Esthero recently released her new CD Wicked Lil Grrrls. I think the album is a wee bit Blu Cantrell-ish, although her background is ambient and it's probably closer to Beastie Boys than Blu Cantrell. BUT the Bjork-ish single "We R In Need Of A Musical Revolution" is total magic. It's sweet, but also a little edgy and bitter. I love how bold the lyric is:

'Cause I'm so sick and tired
Of the shit on the radio
And MTV, they only play the same thing
No matter where I go
I see Ashanti on my video screen
I want something more

Let's start a musical revolution
Something more
Let's start a musical revolution

Tell me why
A grown man can rape a little girl but we
Still hear his shit on the radio
A grown-ass man can videotape a little girl but we
Still see his mug up on our video screens

I want something more

Woah! Note that the CD single also contains another great track (albeit with a dorky title) "Everyday Is a Holiday (With You)" which Esthero wrote with Sean Lennon.

Watch the video here
Here the song by using the player in the top right

No comments: