July 19, 2005

Road To Rouen

I love the new Supergrass album cover. Doesn't it remind you of Rush or Supertramp or something?

Am very interested to hear this new record... the songs I have heard so far are quite different. Their last single "Kss Of Life" was an ubercool Talking Heads pastiche.


babs said...

Love the name too. It's just clever. It's very Rush or Supertramp or 70s/ 80s.

Tim said...

I miss good album cover art. The image you have is as big as it gets these days. But I remember when the Alan Parsons Project had cover art of women in black veils with black polka-dots on the veils.

Only, if you looked closer, they weren't on the veils. They were warts on the women's faces. It was superb trompe l'oeil. (Crappy album, "Eve," but awesome cover art.)

ELO and Boston had some awesome cover art (ripped off completely b Journey). But remember The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper" cover? An instant classic! Moby Grape. Molly Hatchet's "Devil's Canyon." Primus' "Sailing the Seas of Cheese." Green Jelly's "Cereal Killer." Supertramp's "Paris." Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall." Smashing Pumpkins' "Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness." Uriah Heep's "Magician's Birthday." Queen's "News of the World"!! Paul McCartney and Wings' "Band on the Run." Mike Oldfield's "Five Miles Out." The Go-Go's' "Beauty and the Beat" or "Vacation"!! Jackson Browne's "Lawyers in Love." Supertramp's "Crime of the Century" or even the incomparable "Breakfast in America"!!!

God.........so many.

Today, all shrunk down to a size smaller than a postcard. *sigh*

xolondon said...

BABS? Is that Babs Nelson?! Do you read this?

Tim, you lost me on "Breakfast in America"! :) I agree on Queen and the Gogo's in particular.

babs said...

Yes, it is I Babs Nelson. I've been delurking and added you to my bookmarks. :).

There's a book out there that has a collection of 45s art. Can be found at various bookstores. Worth it. A good birthday gift. I remember many of the covers Tim mention.

Man, I loved Jackson Browne's song "Lawyers in Love" too. I know too many of the lyrics from the 80s for my comfort. But they were better then. (or most were).