June 19, 2005

I <3 The Cardigans, I really do.

Torr caught it first, that the brilliant Cardigans have finished their new CD called Super Extra Gravity, (which I can already tell I will be calling Super Extra Gravy) and it is due out in October. I love the single title: "I Need Some Fine Wine and You, You Need to Be Nicer."

Let's hope that the stupid American labels don't take a year to release it here, like they did with 2003's Long Gone Before Daylight, which was one fucking great record that everyone should be forced to purchase. For those who only remember them as cutesy retro pop from the 90's, they made a great stylistic leap into something more organic and rootsy. Check out "For What It's Worth" or "You're The Storm" or, for a weepie, "Communication" on the Amazon samples. [Joanna's assignment: go back and play them on the '03 mixes!]

Above is a very recent picture of them in the studio. It's interesting to watch a pretty band age.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I was thinking last night that John Fogerty was one hot motherfucker in his CCW days. He's still a handsome man, but those bangs and that taut body circa 1968 just turn my engine on.

This stems from my fascination with beefcake and other phots from the 1950s and 1960s. I look at someone from today, and often think "How hot was he when he was 22 in 1967?"

Although, I can't imagine EVER wanting to sleep with Mick Jagger. At any age. Period.